If your loved one is getting neglected in a nursing home or assisted living facility, they may not be getting all of the nutrients that they need every day. This can lead to malnutrition, which can have a drastic impact on their health.
Depending on their mental and physical capabilities, they may not realize what is happening, or they may not be able to communicate it accurately to you. That’s why you need to know what signs and symptoms to watch out for:
- Injuries and wounds may take longer to heal than they should.
- The person’s temperament could change, and they could be irritable all of the time.
- The person may always talk about feeling tired or may seem very fatigued.
- Depression could set in, changing their mood and the way that they interact with others.
- You may notice a distinct loss of weight that has no other apparent cause.
- Their skin could look pale and feel cold and stiff to the touch.
- The person’s hair could start to fall out at an accelerated rate.
- They may always talk about feeling tired or cold.
- They may have trouble breathing and struggle with even simple tasks that they could do before.
- Their face may take on more of a sunken and unhealthy appearance.
- They may get sick more than they used to, or they may not get better very quickly.
Do you think that neglect is leading to malnutrition and some of these serious side effects? If so, it is important to quickly look into all of the legal options that you have at your disposal.